Friday 10 January 2014

2013 Favourites!

2013 is gone!


And with it brings all the favourites of the year posts! Including this one, so buckle up and get ready, because I'm going to try and make it as short a list as possible...but let's face it, I'm on the road to failsville already. Don't judge me okay? I like many a product, and they ALL deserve recognition, don't you think??

I'll be kind to your mind, and give you an easy, organised read. I won't waffle too much I promise!
But let's go, before you fall asleep, shall we?!



Makeup!



This year has been the year where my makeup stash has about tripled in size. And so I'm bound to come across a few staple products that I just can't leave, even for one day!

One of these is the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I now own two of these - one in fair and one in light - and it is the greatest, most wonderfulest thing ever. Great English there, but anyway, it gives great coverage, its not hydrating - in fact I find it dries my skin a bit. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin types, unless you use a rich moisturiser. I find that any dry patches I have, it accentuates, but other than that, it has great coverage, it's long lasting, it's just perrrfect!

                                           

Next is the Benefit They're Real mascara. Just a black mascara, but no other mascara I've used comes close to this one. I mean, I've never used false lashes, but I've never seen my eyelashes that long, voluminous and...well, false looking before.

                                                        

The Rimmel Stay Matte powder has been a daily use for me for a few years now, and I just can't leave it alone. I've tried weening myself off it and try other powders, but none other surpass it's glory. Light coverage, but it leaves my skin perfectly matte, all day, unless you happen to sweat a lot on the face... area.

                                                    

The last thing is a fairly new to my collection, and for me to use as well. And it's eyebrow powder. Seeing as it is a new product to me, I bought an el cheapo one from Essence. The powders (light and dark) work perfectly. I'm not exactly sure what makes a good eyebrow powder, but this one makes my eyebrows look...there. I have light and sparse eyebrows, so using the powder really helps, and I can mix the light and dark shades together to make the perfect shade for me.

                                                




Skincare!

My skincare routine has definitely improved this year. Instead of using more makeup I've tried looking after my skin better, so that I wouldn't have to use as much makeup. 

My staple, holy grail, absolutely-can't-live-without-it product was The Body Shop's Seaweed Face Wash. Oh my god, give me all the Seaweed Face wash. 
This stuff makes my skin tingly clean and fresh. It's nothing fancy, just a gel wash that you work into a lather and then rinse, but jeez do I love the stuff. I bought tube after tube of it, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon!
                                                                

In terms of serums, I've recently (November) started using one called Hydraluron. It contains Hyaluronic acid, which holds 1,000 times its own weight in water, and so when you use a moisturiser over the top of this, it really helps your skin absorb all of the moisture from it. 
                                           

Bioderma has now become my favourite makeup remover. It's an absolute miracle worker. I was skeptical at first, as it was $20 for the small bottle (100mL), but I splurged, and haven't looked back. Just as an example, the Benefit They're Real mascara is an absolute butt to get off, but with Bioderma, I just put a little bit on a cotton pad and it just WIPES AWAY! POOF! Gone. It's crazy!

                                                     





Hair Care!

With hair care, I rarely change my products unless I get samples or gifts. So this year I've pretty much only used Redken's All Soft shampoo and conditioner. Definitely not cheap at about $28 each, but they last ages and do the job really well. I only wash my hair every second or third day, and I have quite long hair, but I only need the smallest amount, so it's totally worth the money.

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment