Monday 31 March 2014

March Favourites!

Oh dear, have I been indulging in some new (and quite pricey) products lately...
BUT!...that just means that I've also found some great things that I can share with you!

I've become a slight high-end addict, which is great for my skin and makeup looks, but not so great for my bank balance. Oopsi-daisy! But all for the love of beauty, right?

So my first few favourites are skin products;
If you haven't read my last blog post (feel free to), I wrote about my new Keihl's products. This Midnight Recovery Concentrate is a big hyped up product, and I've been itching to get it for ages, but for $59, it was going to have to be a big ol' splurge. And splurge I did.
I've only been using it for a week, and so far it seems fine. I've had a few pimples, but that's normal for me around this time of month (if you know what I mean).
I'll have to do an in-depth review once I've used it for a bit longer.

Along with the Keihl's midnight recovery concentrate, I've also been using the Ultra Facial Cream and the Creamy Eye Treatment with it. I am loving this combination at night time. Ultra nourishing but not too heavy. Gorgeous!



As for makeup favourites, I've purchased a few things, and they're all awesome, so they're all getting a mention..

The NARS blush in Seduction. A purply-plum shade, perfect for Autumn and winter (why I bought it). I have the Orgasm blush too, but this one is a bit more...particular. Let me explain that: with the Orgasm blush I can swivel my brush in, tap excess off, and it comes out perfect, but with this one, I have to tap my brush in, tap off excess and try and blow some off it too, and then it's okay. I found that when I used it the same way I would with the Orgasm blush, it came out blotchy at first (it blended, but I like doing things in a hurry). So just be careful of that, but it's a beautiful shade.




Another blush I've been loving (which is a lot cheaper too) is the Elf blush in Candid Coral. Such a lovely light orangey-peach shade. So sheer and illuminating, you literally cannot get this blush wrong! I can swipe my brush in, feather it across my cheeks, and it comes out perfect everytime!


The NARS Creamy Radiant concealer. Oh boy. I wasn't planning on getting this, but...you know how shopping works. But this stuff is great! A perfect match for my skin and has great coverage! $35 for a concealer is a bit like...'do I really need this?'...but yes, you do. I have the colour Vanilla, and it's just so perfect. Easy to blend, great coverage, great match for my skin and lasts well (if I use a primer).


I've recently came across grey eyeliner. It never occurred to me to try it. It's always either; black if I'm feeling bold, or brown if I'm not. But grey...hmmm...there's something about it that's just so great. It really makes my eyes greener and brighter, I'm loving it!
I'm loving the NARS eyeliner stylo in Koala paired with Smashbox's Always Sharp waterproof kohl liner in storm for the water line. Such a good duo!




As for nails, I've been really loving the Essie nail polishes in Mint Candy Apple, and Blanc. Work well together (if you want accent nails or nail art) and look lovely by themselves too. I've been waiting to get my hands on the cult Mint Candy Apple for ages, and I can see why it's so hyped! Beautiful colour, and Essie nail polished apply like a dream!




Other random favourites of mine include my MAC studio fix fluid in NC15, and elf makeup mist & set, a Rexona clinical protection deoderant (it's amazing!), a compact tangle teezer (with Shaun the Sheep eee!) and a new journal I got from Kikki.K.









So many things I'm loving at the moment! Stay tuned for my 'Every day makeup look' post which I'll be putting up soon. Just to show the kind of makeup look that I would use on a day-to-day basis, on days out, and on lazy no-makeup-makeup days!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment