Sunday 27 April 2014

Sleek Makeup Blush and Contour Swatches!

I didn't know Sleek Makeup even existed until I saw Zoe talking about it on her YouTube channel (Zoella). Sleep Makeup is designed and developed in the U.K which is probably why I hadn't heard of it, seeing as it isn't sold in-store in Australia. But after hearing her talk about the Face Contouring Kit, and not owning any contour or highlight products, it was on my hit list.

Since buying it, and loving it to death, I recently invested in two blush trio palettes. I'm a bit sketchy on them still, and I'll explain why in a bit, but I thought I'd share this collection with you and give you a bit of a run down on how they feel, look, and blend. :)

Enjoy!



This is the Sleek Makeup 'Face Contour Kit' in 'Light 884' 
The contour colour in this, I would have to say, is a dupe for the NARS Laguna bronzer. After purchasing Laguna, and then happening to put the two next to each other...they are basically the same colour! So if you want Laguna, but without the price tag, try this! Plus it's in a handy compact with a mirror and a highlight too. 
I have very pale skin (all my foundations are usually the lightest shade), and this contour colour is the perfect shade. It's not muddy, it's not orange, it goes on nicely, it's easily builable. There isn't a bad thing I can say about this! Plus the highlight is gorgeous. The photo doesn't do it justice at all, but it's so easy to use, buildable, blendable and beautiful!

I bought this from a eBay seller for around $15.

Colours L-R: Lantern, Squash, P Pie

Colours L-R: Lantern, Squash, P Pie

This is the Sleek Makeup 'Blush By 3' trio in 'Pumpkin 363'
It says it is 'intensely pigmented matte and shimmer blushers'. It's not lying - and to be honest, the pigmentation of these scares me. The first time I used this, I lightly tapped my brush in, tapped off excess AND blew onto the brush, and it still was too much, and it took too much work to blend in.
If highly pigmented blushers are good for you, then you'll love this, but it just was too much work for me.
So much product was going onto my brush without even a swipe, and blending it forever was a chore. 
Having said that, I did try just applying it with a fingertip. That worked a lot better! By tapping my finger in instead, I was getting less product which was easier to work with, but still such a hassle.

All in all, lovely colours, but WAY too intense!

Colours L-R: Newport Beach, The Surf, OC

Colours L-R: Newport Beach, The Surf, OC

This is the Sleek Makeup 'Blush by 3' trio in 'California 370'
"Intensely pigmented cream blushers"
A bit of a lie, but one I'm glad of. This is the first cream blusher I own, but I'm impressed!
A quick swirl of my finger and a little bit of blending gives a beautiful, subtle flush, I love it! All of the shades are lovely nudes: a pink nude, a coral/orange nude and a slightly more mauvy-pink nude.

I'm not too sure what I will use to apply these, but I'm thinking a stippling brush or a buffing brush might be a good start! I'm really looking forward to trying these ones!




With the exception of the powder blusher trio there (which isn't really my cup of tea), I'm absolutely loving Sleek Makeup so far. Out of all of these products, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Contour Kit. That stuff is a life-changer, plus it's not too expensive! 

Have you tried and loved any Sleek products you can recommend? 
Let me know what you think of these, if you have them!
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment